Fillers are injectable treatments that help diminish the signs of aging. Fillers are composed of soft, gel-like substances that can either be synthetic or naturally occur in nature. They may also sometimes be referred to as soft tissue fillers, dermal fillers, wrinkle fillers, lip and facial fillers.
They work by smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, plumping up the skin and restoring volume and fullness to the face.
What are the Uses of Fillers?
Fillers are used primarily to treat signs of aging. Typical uses of dermal fillers include:
- Adding volume to your lips and areas of the face
- Lifting of your cheekbones
- Smoothing and filling out under-eye circles
- Decreasing fine lines
- Rejuvenation of the skin on the tops of your hands
What are the Different Types of Fillers?
Fillers can be temporary (absorbable) or permanent (non-absorbable).
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance in the body found in areas such as skin tissue, cartilage, and joint fluid.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite is a naturally occurring mineral-like compound found typically in bone.
- Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) is a synthetic, biodegradable substance. When injected into the skin, it causes your body to produce collagen.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) beads are currently the only FDA-approved dermal filler that is permanent and non-absorbable in nature. When used in fillers, the PMMA beads are contained in a gel-like substance and mixed with bovine (cow) collagen.
Dermal Fillers we use:
Dr. Heller has joined Alle, an Aesthetics loyalty program, through Allergan Advantage, that rewards you for getting exactly what you want. Once enrolled as a member, you will be a part of the Alle points program which will earn you points on select products and services, such as BOTOX and JUVEDERM. To become an Alle member click on the link Alle.com/registration and simply enter your phone number and let the savings begin!